Duty of Candour
When things go wrong
At Ludham and Stalham Green Surgeries we endeavour to provide a first class service at all times. However, we acknowledge that at times things may go wrong and our service may fall below our expected levels.
In order to comply with Regulation 20 of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulations 2014) we pledge to:-
- Have a culture of openness and honesty at all levels
- Inform patients in a timely manner when safety incidents have occurred which may affect them
- Provide a written and truthful account of the incident, explaining any investigations and enquiries made
- Provide a written apology
- Provide support if you are affected directly by an incident
We aim to achieve this by following the principles:
Openness – Enabling concerns and complaints to be raised freely without fear and questions asked to be answered.
Transparency – Allowing information about the truth, about performance and outcomes to be shared with staff, people who use the service, the public and regulators.
Candour – Any person who uses the service and harmed by the provision of a service provider is informed of the fact and an appropriate remedy offered, regardless of whether a complaint has been made, or a question asked about it.